September fun facts
https://www.almanac.com/content/month-september-holidays-fun-facts-folklore
#cc6600
1 of 1
Offline

Because Lord knows I can't let off steam in other places.
You all may remember that last year SD's tried to convince DH to travel out of the country, without me of course, on a 2 week vacation with juuuust them, the precious Diablas. He declined.
Sdiablas came up with a new harebrained, half-baked scheme to get DH to spend time with ONLY them by asking him for "help." Dh can't resist "helping," that's just how he is.
Dh invited me to travel to join him after he finished "helping" but as more layers of the (obvious) scheme were implicitly stated by SD's I told him "No thanks, the plan already sounds complicated and I don't want to make things any harder for you."
I don't mind having some time for myself and I felt super grateful NOT to be around them. Bless their hearts.
Well, I just found out that DH is returning home as soon as possible. He says he needs some rest. Lol I guess several days "helping" SD's was more than enough.
It's funny because SD's had schemed up plans for an extended vacation with DH but he only stayed long enough to complete the agreed upon "help" and now he is coming straight home.
I did not give my opinion to DH about any of this because it wasn't asked for. He wanted to vent but I don't want to hear it.
I will tell all you ST'ers my opinion: I am happy for them to spend time alone with DH. (not a 2 week extravagant vacation but something reasonable) A normal thing to do would have been for SD's to spend a few days doing something enjoyable with DH rather than making plans without being honest about the plans. And worst of all, they didn't even ask! They just made all these plans and then demanded DH fall in line. They claimed they wanted help but what they really wanted was a free vacation that excluded me. Nothing about their plan made logical sense. DH should have told them that they need to ASK permission, not demand, but no, he let himself be strung along until he got burnt out.
It's all so tiring.
Last edited by Meera (10/02/2026 4:23 pm)
Offline
I'm wondering about the "help" they wanted. Rehab a room? Fix a car? Navigate and pay for a legal boo boo? Lol.
Offline

I don't want to give away too many identifying details. Lol It was a generally unpleasant but common scenario that usually only the best of friend's would be willing to help with.
Offline
I can see my DH doing this in the future. He hates lavish vacations but SD22 loves them. He’ll drive out to her dorm to clean her period stained underwear but he won’t take her to Disney anymore.
Offline
It's "interesting" when they come home drained, tired, worn down, and/or depressed.
DH used to do vacays with moocher SS--all expense paid. But while on vacation together, SS would basically abandon DH either by staying on his phone the entire time or literally leaving their hotel for hours on end. So, that got old quick.
DH used to get the "help" calls and would scramble to the skids out of sheer guilt.
Offline
My DH will always go to "help" his daughters. SD31 was dumped by her boyfriend, they'd only been together a year and this is the 3rd man to dump her in 6 years. She just doesn't see that it's because she is SO high maintenance, controlling and argumentative. The latest man dumped her a week ago and DH went down to London on Thursday to console her. He returned absolutely exhausted and depressed.
1 of 1