September fun facts
https://www.almanac.com/content/month-september-holidays-fun-facts-folklore
#cc6600
Offline
Last week DH and I met with his previous attorney about BM not even submitting the enrollment application until 14 school days had passed. We really like his previous attorney because he is very honest & not trying to just get money. So basically he said we have a decent chance of a change in custody however with some hurdles. After speaking with him it was decided we were going to wait to see how SD’s school year goes before pursing anything because like the lawyer said maybe BM decides to do more for SDs education this year since she isn’t working and in the last IEP meetings has been BM’s excuse for SDs poor school performance. He also said that it would be best for us to file in BMs new state whenever we file rather than risk filing where the original order was made and waste time and money for it to be kicked out halfway through since no one lives there or has for many years. He also basically said us filing contempt is more of a waste of time and money that he does not suggest. So he said he would be our lawyer if we wanted, but he thinks it is a waste of money and to get someone in the new state whenever we need.
So basically DH and I will revisit this in a couple of months. On one hand I am relieved since I was sick for 33 days while this was all going on, almost hospitalized and I just want a break, but if there weren’t the hurdles the lawyer brought up, etc. I wouldn’t of had us not move forward because of my health struggles.
I don’t know if I mentioned previously, but we have been very unhappy with DD2’s daycare since March and dealing with a situation where CPS was involved because of her teacher towards DD and other children. We live where daycare options are limited so we have been on a waitlist for a different daycare since March. We thought we had picked the best one based on reputation, licensing, etc. but we were wrong and been very unhappy with the lack of transparency along with other issues, but had to bide our time. Finally, tomorrow DD starts at the daycare we have been on the waitlist for, we know several parents whose children attend the daycare and can see online no CPS reports in the last 3 years, higher in terms of early learning, etc.
I share all this because since we could for now close the book on the SD school issue, DD is finally going to be somewhere we feel better about, and I am finally almost all the way better health wise, starting tomorrow I am also closing the chapter on being nosey about BM’s household. I am guilty of looking at the social media of BM, SD & SD’s sister because SD can never talk freely on our calls and BM lies all the time, but I need to refrain from looking at any of it for my wellbeing. BM is going to do whatever she is going to do no matter how wrong it is. Trust me I’m so livid that BM is essentially getting away with this school bs for her own benefit and hurting SD, like she always does, but I need to accept there is nothing more at this time we can do. I also put on some weight from all the antibiotics and steroids I was on trying to get better so my goal is to focus on me and my household, basically what I can control.
Wish me luck because I admit I am super nosey in general so it will take self control
Online!
Go easy on yourself, Not. When someone's erratic behavior affects so much of our own life and our family's life, we can't help looking for any information that might help us cope. It's easier said than done to refrain from wondering about a dysfunctional BM's life. You're insightful to recognize this issue.
Offline
I know it’s tempting to nose around, but I think it’s great you are going to be limiting looking at her social media. As you say people will do what they do, and you have enough stress without more social media rubbish on top of it!!! Good luck