September fun facts
https://www.almanac.com/content/month-september-holidays-fun-facts-folklore
#cc6600
Online!
Not a whole lot more to relate about my grifter SD64 but an example of her manipulative qualities. As you might recall, I learned last month that she's been renting out the condo I bought. Although I charged her $400 monthly, it still cost me about $800 month More details have come to light : she's had the tenant in there since 2021 and has been charging him $240 per week. We made the decision to sell it
YSS is a realtor out of state but is working with a realtor here. He stepped up to handle it all last month. He's working with the tenant to get him out but has the compassion not to evict somebody over the holidays. He told the tenant not to pay SD64 anymore, to save it for a security deposit. He told SD64 not to collect from the tenant anymore and not to call DH88 for money. Told her she's a grown woman, stop living off Dad.
I talked with YSS yesterday, asking for a date when the tenant will be out. Turns out SD64 has still been collecting weekly rent, says it's money he owes her. YSS says this guy sounds like a good but naive guy (ya think?). Told him to definitely not pay her any more.
The local realtor is touring the unit tomorrow and YSS says we will have a marketing plan then. In the meantime, DH88 saw the surgeon yesterday and his valve replacement will be January 19. There are some risks but it's riskier not to have it
DH88 hasn't spoken with her in several weeks. Normally, she would be calling him with her sad stories and money requests but maybe YSS got thru to her. I think his dementia keeps him from remembering it. We had a scare New Years Eve night. He wanted to go to the casino but I didn't want to be on the road with the drunks so he went alone. Long story short, when he left, he couldn't find the car. There were about 3 hours when he had 2 different people helping him but he couldn't remember the description. I'd tell them but no luck. I called Security but still no luck. I was ready to come over there and was calling my SIL for a ride when DH88 finally found it. I'm not letting him go out alone anymore.
So, I'm sure we haven't heard the last of SD64. She's staying with her daughter, C, who cleans for me weekly so DH88 can get his weekly fix of SD64 news. Poor C, she's at her wuts end with SD64 but I think she got her in the waiting list for a Section 8 place. That was another lie SD told, she had never applied.
Offline
There are two main rationales that I use to steel myself to stand firm and show some tough love to SS. 1. It will help him build character. 2. DH and I need to protect ourselves from SS's and BM's drama. At 64, I think you can throw out the hope that she's ever going to learn from any of this. But you sure as heck have the right to protect yourself from SD's antics. Same for C. I feel sorry for her.
Sorry to hear about your DH. It's a good idea to not let him go out on his own.
Offline
What a complete POS she is. Profiting over $400 a month for the past 5 years and still having the gall to call your DH poor-mouthing and asking for money. WTF has SD been spending her money on? I’m guessing drugs. Ugh.
Online!
She's been collecting $960 a month for over 4 years while lying to us and whining for money continuously. I can only assume she's been buying drugs, she's certainly not paying bills. I learned there's a warrant for her arrest over some traffic issue she didn't resolve and I think her license is suspended. She's living with her daughter in a Section 8 apartment and nursing a broken shoulder and arm after a seizure caused by a Prozac overdose. Every time I think her situation can't get worse, it does..
Offline

But her situation looks to be of her own making. She's 64 and I agree with Trying that she's never going to learn. You've gone above and beyond. Enough. Focus on your DH and yourself.
Offline
I really can't understand why your DH has anything to do with his worthless daughter.
Offline
She would be completely dead to me. And I'd look into whether any laws were broken. She deserves to be prosecuted for SOMETHING.