Step Chat - a safe place where stepparents can vent
Welcome!!!


October fun facts

https://www.almanac.com/content/month-october-holidays-fun-facts-folklore





You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2026 3:41 pm  #1


Updates on life

So!! I haven’t posted in a while but here we are! So it’s sounds like SS23 will be moving out and renting BMs (her husband’s) house in about two months. This move has been in the works for years. They will be moving out of state… probably 6ish hours away. They already  have owned this house for a few years now. I think they are sill going to have access to the house here for when they want to come back and visit.

It is a good opportunity for him price wise..Also, his friend and his gf will be moving in as well… not sure how long that will last but even if it falls through he can still afford it on his own.

I HOPE this finally happens and I don’t have to live with him anymore. It’s been a LONG 10+ years now. He is a complete slob and has no concept on keeping things “clean.” I’m actually excited for when BM and husband to come back and see the house in shambles… little taste of what I’ve been dealing with for over a decade…  I have barely talked to him for 4/5 years now. It got to the point where it didn’t matter….. we are just different people and BM will always be in his head… even with him being told this multiple times… including today.

Crossing fingers!!!  He has bought and tv already and is looking into furniture so it does sound solid.

In other news though ..I’m getting on edge with SO. He acts depressed all the time… he’s life is horrible.. everything is a life altering event… he can’t handle anything. He lets everyone else’s problems affect his state of mind…He’s always been like that but his constant “Debbie Downer” BS is really starting to irk me. It’s been like this for probably two years now. He has been having sleep issues… another issue he’s had but got worse with age… on medication for it.. then it will get better.. then not. It’s like this cycle. We have a lot of work around the house that needs to be completed and he just in this funk. No matter how supportive etc I try to be it’s not working. I’m a very much type A personality so I don’t get this… I’ll add… he gets drug tested for work and a lot of other medications are restricted for him to use. IMO he needs to snap out of it. I know he can it’s just getting the motivation to do it.

Another situations is BMs brother is really sick…this has been weighing on him for sometime now. He is under 40 with two small kids. His time here is coming to an end. They haven’t communicated in over a decade. I told him from day 1 when we heard that he could reach out to him etc. I don’t classify him with BM. They seem like really good people… it’s a very tragic situation and completely unfair. Skids don’t have a relationship with them because BM never harbored one…. 11 years I’ve been with SO they have maybe seen them 3 times… Everything was and is still about her. Even with him being sick she never once tried to get her kids together with them… SSalmost22 hasn’t talked to BM in basically 3 years now… SS23 and him also have a strained relationship… very different people… but I do think they need to come together and see their uncle before he passes. I did tell SO he can go too… they just have to make sure to not cross paths with BM. I mean… I don’t see that happening… they also live 2.5 hours away so there is some distance.. 

SS23 also mentioned to SO BMs appearance. How she apparently looks terrible… very skinny… BMs lifestyle is not great and SS23 is VERY naive to that aspect of things… he thinks she walks on water even knowing everything she has done. SO told him that there are probably things he doesn’t know… SS23 claimed “she isn’t on drugs” OKKK!! My parents had/have substance abuse issues… what do I know though! SO thought he was trying to say because SSalmost22 doesn’t talk to her. SS23 has become the minion for BM in trying to get SSalmost22 to talk to BM again… since their relationship is strained it won’t work. SO.. imo sugar coats stuff and just say… it will take time… and nicely says I understand why SS22 doesn’t talk to her because she was never there….

SS23 accepts all of BMs manipulation because he strives for her attention and I KNOW still has hope SO and her will one day be back together.

That’s my story for now. More to come.

 

10/07/2026 4:26 pm  #2


Re: Updates on life

Good news if a SK is moving hours away.  You'll feel some relief once he's gone.  I know what you mean about the Debbie Downers.  Two of my DH's kids do this.  SD65 always has a sad story but the main aim is cash.  SS63 does it, too, but he's not out for cash, has always been a pessimist.. In either case it's tiresome 

 

10/07/2026 6:43 pm  #3


Re: Updates on life

SS23 moving about 4/5 miles away. BM moving out of state.

     •Thread Starter
 

Today 11:43 am  #4


Re: Updates on life

SS moving out is great news. I hope he cleans up his pigsty. It will be such a relief to breathe clean air.

I couldn’t deal with my ex’s constant complaining, fatalism, moaning, Debbie Downer nonsense. He called me a pathological optimist. I ran out of patience and emotional support. He wouldn’t get help, just expected me (and the rest of the world I guess) to change to his liking. Big nope. I wish you well navigating this.

 

Board footera