September fun facts
https://www.almanac.com/content/month-september-holidays-fun-facts-folklore
#cc6600
Offline

I enjoyed this article especially part 3. "Remember you’re allowed to withdraw your kindness."
"There’s a limit to how much thanklessness you can tolerate before it starts eating you up inside. You have every right to pause or withdraw your kindness when you’re being treated poorly. This is about setting healthy boundaries. You’re not being selfish or arrogant."
I am done with ungrateful step-diablas treating me poorly.
Offline

Thanks for sharing this, Meera! The diablas are awful.
I also like:2. View kindness as an expression of who you are.You are kind because it’s who you are, not because you want someone else’s approval.
Offline

Aniki-Moderator wrote:
Thanks for sharing this, Meera! The diablas are awful.
I also like:2. View kindness as an expression of who you are.You are kind because it’s who you are, not because you want someone else’s approval.
Yes, I love this part too. I am a naturally kind person. I am still kind to the diablas in that I don't change who I am when they around and I don't seek revenge. I simply have removed my attention and disengaged from their drama. Then there are whispers that I "don't like them" as if that's a fault? Of course I don't like them, they're awful.
Offline
Thanks - interesting article. Reciprocity was mentioned - DH was convinced by his therapist that this is not always necessary in a relationship - well, I'm afraid I disagree. The other person has to pull, if not equal weight to me - then as near as dammit - or I am not interested in maintaining an active relationship with them any more.
Offline

Kes wrote:
Thanks - interesting article. Reciprocity was mentioned - DH was convinced by his therapist that this is not always necessary in a relationship - well, I'm afraid I disagree. The other person has to pull, if not equal weight to me - then as near as dammit - or I am not interested in maintaining an active relationship with them any more.
Kes, I've often said that relationships should be a balance of give and take. (One exception to this is a person acting as caretaker, like when my Dad cared for my Mom due to Alzheimers.) 50/50 is nice, but not always possible. It can be 40/60, 70/30, 47/53, 90/10. Partners go through things and are not always capable of giving more. When Mr Aniki had shoulder surgery, I gave more. When I had surgery, Mr Aniki gave more. But we balance it out. Once a relationship is a constant 100% effort for one person, there is no relationship. Friendships fall under that, too. If you're doing all of the work to maintain a friendship, it's no longer a friendship.
.
Offline
I love this. I love tinybuddha! "Withdrawing kindness" is such a perfect phrase. . . .