September fun facts
https://www.almanac.com/content/month-september-holidays-fun-facts-folklore
#cc6600
Offline
I FINALLY made my way back to here. Honestly, been so busy with life that has absolutely NOTHING to do with StepHell ( not that it doesn't come to mind here and there) But getting used to the new job with all that entails keeps me really busy and engaged. I am going to take this is as a good thing since it means I don't have much of the time nor the energy to squander away on SD30, just focusing on more important things.
No matter the quiet, ,,that doesn't mean I don't randomly get wind of some drama, which ONCE again, as always only reinforces my position to stay disengaged.,I actually feel that its one of the best personal decisions I made for myself.
Especially since last night, I by accident, saw a post by one of DH;s 2nd cousin ( she is the stepdaughter if DH first cousin, and I will say some of her posts hint at that same entitled SD syndrome but that's another thing) THIS POST said to be on the Lookout for the 13 years SGranddaughter because she has been missing for a week apparently.
I Know that even thought I was engaged, my curiosity and general sense of concern was piqued enough to look through the missing child reports I our area or any news to see that this wasn't an abduction or nothing worse went down. I didn't think so because you would think an AMber Alert would have gone out or this incident would have made some headline. I suspected she ran away from home
IT turns out I was correct according to this little snippet from Newsbreak from local police and the transcript of the call, SGkids age, DOB and address were all there, the report, dated from NOv 2, stating that she has had quite the history of running away from home, so This is hardly the First time at the rodeo and suggests a regular thing.. Sure enough I found another blurb reporting the same thing dated only a little over month ago as well. Then there was mentioned of SGD being on PINS probabtion diagnosed with ODD. This is an eerily similar patterns starting when SD herself was 13, as she also inhertied BM's mental illness only they allegly have Bipolar. No matter, I am remembering SD exhibiting some of the same behaviors as with ODD so maybe a little combo of each, who knows.
I know that this news should not be something to gloat over, but I suspected this would be the writing on the wall 14 years ago when teen SD got knocked up by a TEEN Baby Daddy, both afflicted with the same mental and emotional instabilty issues and also have had run ins with the law as former Juvenile deliquents , so THIS comes as no shock or surprise to me whatsoever, I Know it wasnt fair to predict the is for SDG 13 or for SGranddaugher 2, age 10 as plenty of people who grow up in total chaotic dysfunction yet manage to turn things around hope against hope.
However, just like with SD who was 12 close to 13 when I arrived on the scene, it is just NOT looking good in terms of this uncanny pattern of generational dysfunction being broken anytime too soon.
If DH know of any of this information, I have no idea because he hasn't said a word .I hate to say I told him so, which is why I am not saying a damn word myself. Its just not worth it. I am telling you, if you think dealing with a troubled SD is challenging enough who even at almost 31 years old still acts like shes 13 herself, a child raising other children) then JUST wait til the stepgrands come along that you cant say Anything about either even when they are on their worst behavior so why bother?
As I have thought a million times, part of me is dying to yell at and shake SD especially as well as MIL OR ANYONE who even thinks with the slightest twinge of disappointment over how me and SD are close and never really totally got along consistently. THIS IS WHY I choose ( from the start with the stepgrands) NOT to get so involved! WHY would anyone believe that I would WANT to go through another rendition of especially troubled teen stepHell with the grandskids??? I feel sure SD is already passing the buck behind my back, just assigning blame to either me or DH or BM, baby daddy, or literally anyone over her kid having these issues because we werent as involved as we should be, Because in her mind, as she has said so to me when she was trying to weasle her way of accepting accountabilty for her own poor choices, that it was my fault because I am the one who should have anticipated these situations BEFORE marrying someone with a child. Give me a break, as if she didn't need to do apply any thought before she decided to have kids of her own, especially given how she is struggling now.
This latest news just seems to also validate my suspicions as to WHY she decided to Butter me up demanding that I love and treat her kids as her own. Surely she is joking? I am remembering how she used to say that SGD was already showing sign of inheriting her mothers ( SD30) "attitude" at that same time too she was begging for us to "be close"...my gut instinct has been telling me that this all just translates to her trying to persuade and Guilt trip me into taking care of HEr and Her family, when the full weight of choices got to be too much. So lets love bomb Amy thinking I was going to take on HER expectations just because she actually had said a few nice words to me, but that all just blew up in her sulky face for me not buying into it.
I used to be afraid that the SGrands would end up like SD, from the get go. I really had hope that I would be wrong, and maybe at 13 there is still time to change course. . But what can you reasonably expect from parents who operated in illegal activities, have record and just seem to proud of it, as it its an honor? SD30 gets arrested for prostitution as well as involvement in a whole ring operation, and just either glamorizes or justifies it as being a totally normal thing. Should it be any wonder if her daughters follow the same path, that SGD13's stint of violating a PINS order and getting herself in God knows what kind of trouble already, isn't just the start?
Offline
Generational dysfunction is real and hard to break. My ex-SO came from it, his daughters carried it on, and when a grand was born i knew the beat goes on. That poor baby’s dad is already out of the picture and she and her mom (my ex-sort-of-SD) are living with BM1 and completely being supported by the state, my ex, and BM1. The baby is 8 months old and i hope she breaks the cycle but i won’t be hanging around to find out.
Offline
Take it from me in that you are wise to decide not to hang around to take on another round of Step sh!t, the next generation. I know i am a broken record, but this info is just fueling my anger more and more over SD30 having the gall to lecture ME about how what I was supposed to think of before marrying someone with a child> As if , as recent events demonstrate, that SHE should have thought of before she CHOSE to have her own children! Who the eff is she? Like she honestly signed up to have an out of control teen , just like I was supposed to gleefully sign up to deal with a stepchild like her , just as unruly and defiant. I know its just her typical deflecting the blame tactic , anything to avoid looking in the mirror and facing the music now that one of her kids are unfortunately, yet predictably turning out to be just like her. Its almost laughable, You just cant make this sh!t up. THEN lectures to me how she loves her "stepkids" like her own (Her BFs kids, and who knows if he is still around) Please, like I dont know she cant control her own offspring who do not respect her, so what makes me feel that its any different with someone elses' kids? I am just trying not to stress that she doesnt darken my doorstep ordering DH and I to have custody of her brood. Something that I was in constant fear of happening some way or another someday from the minute I found out she was pregnant.
Offline
@LittleTypeAmy - that’s rich, SD trying to lecture you on stepparenting. Give her a few years and she’ll be trying to post here! My first few years, I was “all in”, too. Lol. The people who crow the loudest about “loving them like their own” are the ones doing Lord-knows-what behind closed doors
Offline
Tell me about it, dear Rumple. The cycle just never ends with some of these types, and my hat goes off to anyone who successfully breaks it, but I stopped holding out hope a long time ago that things would turn out any differently for SD31 as recent news suggests, sadly.
RUmple, I also cant get over getting "advice" from SD who is the last person on earth who should be lecturing anyone about anything, especially Parenting in all forms since she cant get her own house in order apparently but she can be counted on to be the first person to try to tell you how to run yours. You are correct, its those who crow the loudest are the same ones who don't have sh!t going for them. She also goes on to try to lecture me on how I am :supposed to want more out of my life aside from her Dad" as if she knows anything about me and its not her place to dictate sh!t to me anyhow. LIke I don't suspect that in her mind, she means me enriching my life is supposed to be taking care of her problems especially her childcare woes, because that's what SHE wants my purpose to be. Oh yeah, as if taking on her out of control spawn is what I set out as my life's purpose and goals out of all the better things in the world I have my sights set to focus on...girl needs to get over herself x 10000.
Offline
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
@LittleTypeAmy - that’s rich, SD trying to lecture you on stepparenting. Give her a few years and she’ll be trying to post here! My first few years, I was “all in”, too. Lol. The people who crow the loudest about “loving them like their own” are the ones doing Lord-knows-what behind closed doors
HIts the nail on the end. The irony is that SD thinks that I don't have any clue as to what is going on behind HER closed doors as if I was never wise to it. This wasn't the first time some of this chaos behind the scenes have come to light and in the form of somewhat public knowledge, like I don't eventually find sh!t out, since the truth usually comes out.